Cool in contrats to the plains, Mussoorie is a leading educational centre with many well-known English medium schools.
Established in 1984, MIS is an all-girls boarding school for Classes I-XII. The svhool is situated in Mussoorie, a aprisitine hill Station in Garhwal hills at a height of 2003 mts. Spread over an area o=f approx. 40 acres, beautifully forested with pine, deodar and other coniferous trees, MIS campus is the fruit of the vision of dr. H K Rawat. MIS is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, an all-India Board and University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Students come here from as many as 27 countries from around the world and enrich their lives in an environment that provide holistic development.
Woodstock School strives for excellence in teaching and learning, offering an exceptional education in a diverse international community, inspired by our Indian Himalayan environment and our inclusive Christian tradition. The diverse student body and talented staff is at Woodstock id drawn from many nations. The educational approach is relevant, innovative and inspiring, built upon values which have anchored the school for more than 150 years. Woodstock has been ranked as #1 international school in India by ‘Education World’ magazine. Woodstock School is located in the serene environs of Landour and the school building is an epitome of magnificent architechture.
Standing majestically on a hill, a cut above the rest, overlooking a small Never Never Land called ‘Barlowganj’ is the 157 years old Manor House, where live the Manorites. The spark of inspiration, which was first ignited by Fr. Barry and the Capuchin Friars in the year 1853, has been sheltered and nurtured by the Patrician Brothers. Over these years, the school has grown and developed in leaps and bounds. The school, an all-boys residential and non-residential instituition, spreading over 400 acres of land. Since its inception, St. George’s College has helped shape and reshape our country. It was opened in a cottage known as Manor House-the name by which the campus is still known. It is but one huge joint family of students from all over the globe, and from a wide spectrum of faiths, ethnicities, and world views. The school has produced a rich array of illustrious alumnus who have served our motherland India and abroad and brought glory and fame to Manor House. Over the years, St. George’s College has evolved into one of the most prestigious and much sought after educational institutions in India.
Oak Grove School was the product of coming together of the three of the greatest gifts of the nineteenth century, Railways, Hill Stations and Public School culture, all blending harmoniously into this institution. The first Railway Hill School was started in 1870s by SP&D Railways later known as North Western railway at a bungalow called FAIRLAWN close to the land where Oak Grove is presently situated. Oak Grove school was started in 1888 by East India Railway Company with an endowment fund of Rs 2 lac on the recommendations of the School Committee. In the 19th century Companies and Industrial concerns were mainly driven by profit motive and rarely invested in areas of social concern like Educational institutions, which was mainly left to Religious and Philanthropic Institutions. It was therefore quite creditable on the part of EIR to start an institution like Oak Grove, way back in the 1880's. The proposal soon took concrete shape and the school started functioning from 1st of June 1888. This school has a glorious tradition of 125 years and it is now ready to transform itself into an institution of modern times. Truly, school is a nursery for budding citizens and leaders of any country. It nurtures the creativity and develops the faculties of the young mind. Oak Grove School, Jharipani has been contributing its might to the towering task of nation building.
Wynberg-Allen School was founded in 1888 and is one of India's oldest educational institutions. The school has always maintained an excellent standard of holistic education and co-curricular activities for its students . It is a residential co-educational institution and accommodates around 700 children out of whom 550 are boarders . The well-experienced team of teaching and non-teaching staff ensures that the young people entering the world turn out to be responsible citizens capable of steering themselves and their country towards excellence.
Tibetan Homes Foundation (THF) is a registered charitable institute dedicated to working for the care of the orphan, semi orphan and destiture Tibetan Refugee children. More than five decades have gone by since its small beginning in November 1962 at Mussoorie by His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso the XIVth Dalai Lama. The foundation of this organization is a testimony of the killings and mass destruction of a nation called Tibet in 1950s. the Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1959 led His Holiness the Dalai Lama (temporal and spiritual leader) to flee his homeland and take refuge in India. The then prime Minister of India, Late Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru provided His Holiness a permanent residential place to stay in Mussoorie. The house where His Holiness lived initially in early sixties still stands at Happy VAleey and is known as the Birla House. His Holiness then stressed the need to set up homes for these children where-by they would be provided with a normal upbringing based on the Pestalozzi village at Trogen in Switzerland and thus Tibetan Homes Foundation was born in November 1962 with three homes and seventy-five children. The three homes were purchased with donations made by His Holiness.
Located in the suburb of Mussoorie, the Landour Language School teaches students from around the world various North Indian Languages with a focus on Hindi instruction.The Landour Language school is under the administration of the North India Institute of Language Study Society, which is a non-profit cooperation organization established for the purpose of teaching Hindi as a second language. The school also has the ability to offer instruction for Urdu, Garhwali and Sanskrit. This school has been in existence for over 100 years and in this time it has taught over 20,000 students onr or more North Indian languages. The teachers are carefully selected and trained by a system of examinations and supervisor’s reports. The present facilities and courses are based on thse years of experience and time-tested methods.
The Convent of Jesus and Mary, Waverley, was established in 1845 by the Religious Sisters of Jesus and Mary Mussoorie Educational Society.Waverley is a Christian Minority institution, claiming Rights and Privileges under Articles 29 and 30 of the Indian Constitution. The school is recognized by Government and is conducted by the Religious Sisters of Jesus and Mary. Waverley is situated at an elevation of 7,000 feet above sea level on one of the healthiest, most extensive and well wooded hills of Mussoorie. It’s surroundings are unrivalled for beauty.
1. Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School
2. Hampton Court
3. Mussoorie Modern School
4. Mussoorie Public School
5. St Clares Convent School